The process of long division is simple as long as you know the right steps of getting it done to yield the right results. Here we shall learn how systematically you can solve the question of 48 divided by 3
Let us teach you the method of long division with a simple example of 48 divided by 3.
Basic concepts of dividing 48 by 3 using long division
Before you get into the sum you need to understand that there are some easy concepts that you need to decrypt and certain definitions of terms that you need to learn.
1) A divisor is a digit that is used to divide the main number and yield the resultant value as your answer. Here number three is the divisor and you will be able to find the answer to your problem very easily.
2) A dividend is that number that is getting divided by the divisor. Here number 48 is the divisor for this sum.
3) In long division, a quotient is a number that you need to find at the end of the division and it is placed at the top. The remainder is the value that is usually present below and is the leftover numerical value that is present at the bottom of the sum.
What is 48 divided by 3? The Quotient is 16 and the remainder is 0
Calculations for 48 divided 3 Using Long Division?
First, you need to go for the arrangement of the sum properly, and here is how you should do it.
The second step involves where you need to go for the calculation of checking how many times four is divisible by three. This can be done by using the multiplicative table of three where 3×1=3
The third step is now you need to find the remainder where 1 is the remainder after you do 4-3= 1
Now you need to bring down the number eight beside one to form the next level of calculation in long division.
For the next step, you have to check how many times 18 is divisible by three and you will find it is 3×6=18 with the help of the multiplicative table.
And so the final results of 48 divided by 3 will be quotient is 16 and remainder is 0
Also read: What is 15 Divided by 2 Using Long Division?
Results of 48 Divided by 3
The result of 48÷3 is that the quotient is 16 and the remainder is 0.
Quotient = 16
Remainder = 0
The long division method is the easiest process of finding your answer to the question and the basic technique that a student should learn.
Other methods to calculate 48 divided 3
Apart from the long division method, there are several other ways in which you can divide 48 by 3.
1) You may use a calculator and insert the data as 48÷3 = 16 will be the results.
2) You can also express it in the form of a fraction where 48 is the numerator and 3 is the denominator and 48/3 on reduction you will find as 16/1 which is 16 as the whole number.
Hence the final result to your sum 48 divided by 3 is 16.