The process of long division involves the certain concepts of terms that are used in the sum and how to understand the process step by step.
Here you shall learn to calculate the value of 15 divided by 2.
The number that you will be dealing with is explained here with simple steps and explanations for you to comprehend the problems well.
Rules of Long Division
Some of the basic rules need to be clarified when you are applying the long division method to find out the value of 15 divided by 2 through the long division method.
1) The number 15 which you are dividing is called the dividend since that is the digit that is getting divided.
2) Number 2 is the digit with which you are dividing and hence it is called the divisor in the long division method.
3) The quotient is the ultimate result that you need to obtain at the end of your sum.
4) The remainder is any digit that is left behind at the end that can no longer be divided by the whole divisor.
Each of the steps of long division is broken down in sum to explain the procedure for you clearly and comprehend the technique at each step.
What is 15 divided by 2? The Quotient is 7 and the remainder is 1
Calculation for 15 Divided by 2 using the Long Division Method
First, you need to arrange the divisor and the dividend properly to initiate the sum. The divisor is always placed on the left-hand side of the dividend and a line is drawn between and above them.
The second step of the calculation is checking whether one is divisible by 2 or not. Here you can see that 1 is not divisible by two and thus the results will be calculated with the whole number 15. The quotient is now 7
Hence when you divide 15 by 2 the remainder will be one and you will get the results as 1 in the end which cannot be divided by the divisor 2.
For the given sum where we were asked to calculate the value of 15 when it is divided 2 the results are 7 as the quotient and the remainder is coming as 1.
Also read: Convert 50kg to lbs?
Results of 15 Divided by 2
The result of 15÷2 is that the quotient is 7 and the remainder is 1.
Quotient = 7
Remainder = 1
The long division method is the easiest process of finding your answer to the question and the basic technique that a student should learn.
Other methods to calculate 15 divided 2
1) Here are some of the easy steps that you can use to get the value of the results. The calculation can be used to yield the results of the sum which is 15÷2=7.5
2) The number can be also expressed as a mixed fraction after completion of the sum where the number 7 is the greater number and ½ is the fraction so you will get 7 ½ as your final result.
Also read: What is 1/3 as a Decimal?
Naomi is an educator with 2 decades of experience working with children of all ages. She is a keen observer of the magic and importance of Maths in our daily lives. Follow me on Linkedin