How to show 38/50 as a percent? Here are the easiest ways to do so!
The usage of percentages is very vital in mathematical expressions and problems. Hence you need to have a clear concept about the working principles and the methods of the percentage that are required for solving a sum.
Here we will learn about how to change any fraction to its percentage form. Now we shall take the simple example of 38 of 50 and explore the methods in which a fraction can be converted to its percentage state.
What is 38/50 as a percent? The answer is 38/50 as a percentage is 76%
Basic concepts of converting a fraction to percentage
1) A fraction is made of two parts, the numerator, and the denominator. The numerator refers to the numbers or the digits that are present above the line of division and the denominator is the digit or the value that is present below the line of division.
2) Here in the given statement 38 is the numerator and 50 is the denominator.
3) A percentage is described as expressing any number in terms of hundred. It is the method by which we learn to compare or understand their greatness or smallness by comparing it with the whole value of 100. In other words, we can say that a percentage is defined as a fraction of 100.
4) So if we write 50% then we mean 50/100 and if we say 60% then it means 60/100.
5) When we divide a fraction, the numerator becomes the dividend which gets divided in the process and the denominator becomes the divisor which is used to divide the dividend. Here 38 is the dividend and 50 is the divisor when we need to divide the given fraction 38/50.
Calculation to show 38/50 as a percent
Two different methods are involved in the conversion of a fraction to its percentage form.
Here you are going to learn about the first method where we have to balance the fraction and change the denominator to 100.
When you need to change the given denominator 50 to a hundred, you have to divide 100 by 50.
Now you may use this answer to multiply with both the numerator and the denominator to maintain a balance in the fraction 38/50.
Thus the required results for the conversion of the given fraction 38/50 to percentage is 76%.
38/50 as a percent = 76%
Also read: What is 13/15 as a percentage?
Here we will convert the given fraction to decimals and then change it into a percentage.
Here we will first change the given fraction 38/50 to decimals and to do so you need to divide the numerator by the denominator where the numerator 38 becomes the dividend and 50 the denominator becomes the divisor.
Now you need to multiply the obtained decimal value by 100 so that you can find the results of the given fraction 38/50 into a percentage.
Hence we can see that through the two different methods of conversion of a fraction to a percentage, the results are always the same in the case of conversion 38/50 to percentage.
38/50 as a percent = 76%
Both the methods are extremely easy and you do not need much effort to change your given fraction to a percentage. However, you do need to practice both the methods well so that you remember them and can solve the sums on your own when presented with one.
Also read: What is 1/3 as a percentage?
Naomi is an educator with 2 decades of experience working with children of all ages. She is a keen observer of the magic and importance of Maths in our daily lives. Follow me on Linkedin