Most students throughout their school time struggle with fractions. They have an unhealthy fear of fractions. So, we will try to demystify fractions for them. Let’s take an example of a problem like For example, we may need to calculate 23/25 as a percentage.
Sometimes we need to express the given fraction in terms of percentage and you need to learn the steps for the way you can convert the given fraction to its percentage form.
Here we will take up the simple example: 23/25 where we will learn to convert it to its percentage form. The percentage form can be expressed through different methods and here we are going to learn about both of them.
What is 23/25 as a percentage? The answer is 23/25 as a percentage is 92%
How to convert a fraction to a percentage?
1) As we all know that a fraction is divided into two parts, they are called the numerator and the denominator.
2) The numerator is present above the line of division and the denominator is the number that is present below the line of division.
3) Here, in our case, the numerator is 23 and the denominator is 25.
4) Hence when we are doing division with fraction, the numerator becomes the dividend and the denominator becomes the divisor which divides the given dividend in the given process.
5) What do you mean by percentage (%)? the process of percentage consists of expressing all the numerical values in terms of hundred. We can also say that during the process of percentage we compare the two values based on 100. In other words, the percentage is defined as a fraction of a hundred.
6) So if we write 35%, we mean 35/100, and if we say 42% we mean 42/100.
Also read: What is 22/25 as a percentage?
Calculation to express 23/25 as a Percentage
In the first step, we are going to change the denominator value to a hundred and to do so we will have to divide 100 by the denominator.
In the next step, you need to use the value that was acquired in the first step to multiply with both the numerator and the denominator.
(23×4)÷(25×4) = 92/100
Thus, we see that the results of the conversion in fraction 23/25 to percentage form will be 92%
23/25 as a percent is 92%
In the first step, you will have to divide the given numerator by the denominator where 23 is the numerator that acts as the dividend now and 25 is the denominator that acts as the divisor now.
23÷25 = 0.92
Finally, in the last step, you have to multiply the obtained results in decimals by 100 to yield the results in their percentage form.
0.92×100 = 92%
Hence we see that when we apply both the steps to find out the results, the answer is the same in both cases. Thus, it is clear that both the processes are valid and you can use any one of them, whichever is suitable for you to yield the results.
However, it is also important for you to understand both methods carefully so that you can solve your sum either way if presenting, in exams.
If you practice the method every day with different fractions then you will surely be able to exercise expertise over the sums and find your answer without any trouble.
In this case,
The answer to the conversion of fraction 23/25 to percentage is 92%
I Hope, it solves your problem.
Also read: What is 9/16 as a percentage?