Hosting your own version of the popular ’60s game show, The Newlywed Game, is a sure good time for all if you’re seeking for entertaining newlywed games to play. Because there have been so many changes and modifications throughout the years, you’ll want to start with this tutorial on newlywed game questions and instructions.
Playing is a great way to honor the wonderful couple while also learning more about them, from amusing newlywed game questions to newlywed questions about the couple’s “firsts.”
- How to Play the Newlywed Game?
- What are the Requirements for Playing?
- Questions for Newlyweds
- Newlywed Engagement and Wedding Questions
- Intense Newlywed Game Questions
- Funny Newlywed Questions That are Flirty
- Newlywed Quiz: Relationship “Firsts”
- “What do You Know About Your Newlywed Wife” Questions
- “How Well do You Know Your Newlywed Husband” Questions
- Questions for Newlyweds About the Two of You
- Questions About Your Spouse If You’re a Newlywed
- Questions About Your Partner
- Newlywed Questions “Are Most Likely To…”
- Newlywed Questions With a Holiday Theme
How to Play the Newlywed Game?
The first thing needed is a host who will keep track of the results and ask questions. A number of couples are also required. Although three teams appear to be the ideal number, this game can be played with any number of couples.
Ask one member of each couple to exit the room. Ask the remaining partner a series of newlywed questions from the list and jot down their responses. Then send them out.
Invite the other partner back into the room once the questions have been recorded. Ask them the same questions and see if their response matches with their partner’s.
After this, switch roles and play a new set of newlywed game questions from this list.
Points are to be awarded whenever the responses of the couple match. And simply like all other games, the couple with the highest number of points in the end wins!
What are the Requirements for Playing?
All that’s required is some papers and pencils to jot down your answers, as well as a scorecard to keep track of who wins. Apart from that, only standard entertainment such as music, food, and beverages are required.
The questions are the most challenging element of planning the game, which is why we have the questions for you to help you out and have a fun, memorable night. The best-newlywed game questions have been compiled and organized into categories so you can organize your ideal game night.
Questions for Newlyweds
1. Who do you think is the “better catch” according to your spouse?
2. You have an empty house and your spouse has the day off. What does your partner do throughout the day?
3. Who is the most practical?
4. Your partner takes your hand in his or hers and leads you to the dance floor. The DJ is said to be playing your tune. What is the name of the song?
5. What is the strangest birthday gift you’ve ever received from your spouse?
6. Is there anything in your spouse’s possession that you’d like to get rid of?
7. What is your spouse’s guilty pleasure?
8. What was the worst date you had?
9. When did you realize you’d found “the one” in your spouse?
10. Where did you have your first kiss?
11. Who spends the most time in the shower?
12. Your spouse suggests that you go out for supper and eat fast food. Where do you go?
13. Your spouse asks you to pick up a treat for them on your way home from the store. What are your purchases?
14. What is your partner’s most terrible habit?
15. Who do you think is the biggest pack rat between the two of you?
Newlywed Engagement and Wedding Questions
1. When you were engaged, how long had you been dating?
2. Did you invite a large number of people to the wedding?
3. On your wedding day, which adjective best defines your spouse?
4. What was on your wedding’s menu?
5. What was the most embarrassing moment of your wedding day?
6. What did you think was the best?
7. At your wedding, who caught the garter?
8. Who chose the song for the walk down the aisle?
9. How long did it take you to get married after you were engaged?
10. Did you or your spouse have more visitors at the wedding?
11. Will your wedding cake have multiple tiers? What kind of cake are you talking about?
12. Who was the lucky recipient of the bridal bouquet?
13. Who chose the song for your first dance together as husband and wife?
14. How did your family react when you announced your engagement?
Intense Newlywed Game Questions
1. Is your partner more like their mother or father?
2. What would your spouse do if they had an extra five hours in their day?
3. Does your partner keep a journal or diary?
4. What is it about your spouse that constantly makes him or her laugh?
5. If your spouse had to cast themselves in a film, who would they choose?
6. Is your partner a realist, optimist, or pessimist?
7. Who is the biggest spender on personal items?
8. What do you think your spouse thinks your worst and finest personality traits are?
9. What do you think your spouse’s best personality traits are?
10. What do you think your spouse’s worst personality traits are?
11. What is the most vexing behavior they have?
12. What is your partner most afraid of?
13. In 5 years, what does your spouse hope to be doing professionally?
14. Who is the hero of your partner?
15. What is your spouse’s proudest achievement?
Funny Newlywed Questions That are Flirty
1. How do you know when your lover is in a good mood?
2. Who do you think is better in bed?
3. What song best describes your partner’s behavior in the bedroom?
4. Who is the massage therapist?
5. When you go in for a hug, where do you usually put your hands first?
6. Who is the bedroom’s dominant partner?
7. When do you find your partner the most appealing?
8. What song best represents your partner in bed?
9. How would you rate your partner’s lovemaking skills?
10. What does your partner wear before going to bed?
11. In the bedroom, what adjective best describes your partner?
12. How long do you generally make love for?
13. Do you have as much fun making love as you’d like?
14. Does your partner sleep on his or her side, back, or stomach?
15. What is the craziest place where you made love?
Newlywed Quiz: Relationship “Firsts”
1. What did you get for your first Christmas together as a couple?
2. Can you tell me about your spouse’s first car?
3. What was the first movie you both saw in a cinema together?
4. What was your spouse’s immediate response to the proposal?
5. Can you tell me about your first trip together?
6. What was the subject of your first fight?
7. When you think of your partner, what is the first thing that comes to mind?
8. On your first date, how would you describe your spouse?
9. How would you evaluate the first meal your partner made for you on a scale of 1 to 10?
10. What did your partner wear the first time you met?
11. Who was the first to say “I love you”?
12. What is your dating anniversary?
13. When did you first tell your partner you loved them?
“What do You Know About Your Newlywed Wife” Questions
1. Which of their buddies does your spouse have the most in common with?
2. Does your partner have a signature remark? What exactly is it?
3. What is one of your spouse’s favorite stories to tell to each new set of friends?
4. What is the name of your partner’s favorite podcast?
5. What is the favorite book of your partner?
6. When it comes to holidays, what is your spouse’s favorite?
7. What is your partner’s preferred cuisine?
8. What is your partner’s favorite time of year?
9. What is your partner’s go-to junk food?
10. What color is your partner’s favorite?
11. Which emoji is your partner’s favorite?
12. Which celebrity does your spouse have a crush on?
13. If your spouse had to describe themselves in one word, what would it be?
14. What is your spouse’s favorite drink?
15. What is something that your spouse would never do?
More Fun Games: 150+ Super Hard Trick Questions Only 1% People can Answer
“How Well do You Know Your Newlywed Husband” Questions
1. How would you and your partner spend the perfect vacation?
2. What is the most common narrative your spouse’s family tells about them?
3. What is your partner’s favorite joke?
4. What is your spouse’s favorite activity for bonding?
5. What would your spouse eat if they had to consume only one food for the rest of their lives?
6. What kind of sweets would you prefer in a piñata for your spouse?
7. Can you tell me about their signature dancing move?
8. What kind of instrument would they be if they could be?
9. What is a surefire strategy to irritate them?
10. Would they rather have the ability to fly or the ability to time travel?
11. What would you get your partner if you could give them anything?
12. If your spouse had to characterize you in one word, what would it be?
13. You’ve been given $50 by your spouse to spend on you. What do they purchase?
14. What would you do if you and your partner had five hours to spend together doing whatever you wanted?
15. If your spouse had to characterize your family in one word, what would it be?
Questions for Newlyweds About the Two of You
1. Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world? If you had the option, where would your spouse like to live?
2. What would you do if you awoke one day to discover your partner had lost their memory?
3. Where would your spouse go on a fantasy vacation with you?
4. Where would you go and what would you do if you could plan your ideal vacation?
5. How many children do you desire? What is your partner’s preferred number?
6. There is one subject on which we will never, ever agree.
7. Who do you think is the most decisive of the two of you?
8. Where do you think I’ll wind up if my spouse sends me to the doghouse?
9. What was the most recent point of contention between you and your partner?
10. Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms, Honey Bunches of Oats, Rice Krispies, or Cocoa Puffs, if your lover were a cereal, which would it be?
11. When it comes to _______, we are polar opposites.
12. Describe your spouse’s appearance on a lazy day at home: “Always ready to go out,” “keeping it casual,” or “did they even clean their teeth?!”
13. I wish my spouse would __________ at home.
14. What is your partner’s favorite dish to prepare?
More Fun Games: 850+Truth Or Dare Questions For a Fun Party
Questions About Your Spouse If You’re a Newlywed
1. What do you think your spouse’s biggest pet peeve is?
2. Is it okay with your boyfriend if you wear makeup?
3. Will your partner claim you spend more money, they spend more money, or you both spend the same amount of money?
4. Can you tell me about your partner’s first job?
5. Who among you is the most prone to procrastination?
6. Who would your spouse want to go out with if you went on a double date with another couple?
7. Has your partner ever sobbed while watching a film?
8. Who is the first one to fall asleep in the night?
9. Does your partner enjoy pizza, wings, steak, or a combination of the three?
10. Would your partner go to the dogs or the cats first if the two of you went to a pet shelter together?
11. If you were on a date, who do you think would be more inclined to look at their phone during the date’s big event?
12. Would your partner describe you as a morning or night person?
13. Does it make a difference whether your partner has long or short hair?
14. When you go out to eat, does your partner prefer a sit-down meal or a buffet?
15. What are you saving up for, lovebirds?
Questions About Your Partner
1. Who is the most romantic in the relationship, according to your spouse?
2. Who is in charge of turning off the lights at night?
3. Who would your partner characterize you as if you were a superhero?
4. Who chooses the restaurant most of the time?
5. Does your partner favor Mexican, Italian, Chinese, or American cuisine?
6. Do you think your spouse does the majority of their buying online or in stores?
7. Which music genre would your spouse say is your favorite?
8. Who controls the radio in the car while the two of you are together?
9. When it comes to breakfast, does your partner favor juice, coffee, soda, or anything else?
10. Would your partner describe you as someone who likes to experiment or stick to their guns?
11. If your partner could live the life of someone else for a day, who would it be?
12. What are the two things your girlfriend says you would grab on your way out the door if you had to leave your residence in an emergency?
13. What are the two most crucial things your spouse will tell you absolutely must have on your sandwich?
14. What are two items in your home that your partner would never be able to live without?
15. If you and your partner were expecting a child, who would you want to inform first?
More Fun Games: 300+ Would You Rather Questions For Kids (& EVERYONE!)
Newlywed Questions “Are Most Likely To…”
1. Ignore any upcoming birthdays or anniversaries.
2. Keep in mind the name of the new acquaintance you introduced them to.
3. Wear the same pair of jeans for three days in a row.
4. Make the other one go to the doctor.
5. Electrify themselves.
6. Get up late for work because you slept in.
7. To be detained.
8. Reprimand a coworker.
9. Return from the grocery shop without the products they intended to purchase.
10. Run out of gas.
11. Do something romantic just for the sake of it.
12. Don’t pay attention to the Check Engine light.
13. Pay the bill after dinner.
14. To prevent hurting someone’s feelings, tell a white lie.
15. Spend more money than they can afford.
More Fun Games: 150+ Best Friend Questions [Quiz]
Newlywed Questions With a Holiday Theme
1. Who will get the last slice of Thanksgiving pie?
2. If you could go anyplace in the world for the holidays, would your spouse choose a warm destination or a snowy destination?
3. Who is your spouse’s favorite Christmas character: Frosty, Santa, Buddy the Elf, or the Grinch?
4. Which member of your family is your spouse most looking forward to seeing you during the holidays?
5. In the shower, who is more likely to sing Christmas carols?
6. Do you have a gift list or do you just go with the flow?
7. Who is more inclined to pay $50 or more for an unattractive sweater?
8. Which of you has to hire a professional to wrap your gifts?
9. What is your significant other’s favorite Christmas film?
10. Which of you is the last-minute shopper?
11. Who does their shopping online and who does it in-store?
12. Who do you think is more likely to regift?
13. Who is more likely to be waiting under the mistletoe?
14. Who spends the most money on presents?
Reference: The Newlywed Game
Naomi is an educator with 2 decades of experience working with children of all ages. She is a keen observer of the magic and importance of Maths in our daily lives. Follow me on Linkedin