When you are converting a value to another, you need to note that there is a specific relationship between numerical values between them. Other factors like comparing the greater and the smaller units are also taken under consideration.
Here we have the simple task of converting one meter to inches. We are posed with the question of how many inches in a meter. Now you may also be asked how many inches are present in 2,3,4 meters and so on. The process of determining the value remains the same.
How Many Inches in a Meter?
1 meter = 39.37 inches
Let us have a look at the steps that are involved.
1) When you are converting a value from one certain unit to another then you must consider whether it is from greater to smaller or from smaller to bigger.
2) If the conversion is happening from a bigger unit to a smaller one then you need to multiply the numeral value with the numerical relationship between the two.
3) When the conversion of a numerical value from smaller to greater unit is taking place then divide the numerical digits by the given relationship.
4) Now let us see the steps that are involved in the process of finding out how many inches are present in one meter.
Calculation of Converting Meter to Inches
1) Firstly, we know that a meter is a greater unit, and hence greater to smaller is multiplication, we will be multiplying here.
2) The relationship between meters and inches is, that one meter is equivalent to 39.37 inches.
3) Hence we shall see that the following steps are involved in calculating the final result.
One metre = 1 × 39.37 inches= 39.37 inches
Hence we observe that there are a total of 39.37 inches in one meter.
There are no more steps and the sum is as easy as it looks here. You simply need the given numeral value in meters and then multiply it with the relationship to yield the correct result in inches.
Now for example, if you are converting 3 meters to inches or determining how many inches are present in 3 meters then you simply have to multiply 3× 39.37 which will be equivalent to 118.110 inches.
On the other hand when you are doing the exact opposite step that is converting 118.110 inches to meters then you have to divide 118.110 by 39.37 which will give you the result of 3 meters.
Here is a detailed table of how to convert meters to inches and what the value shall be.
Meter to Inch Conversion Table
Conversion of meters into another unit
The values in meters can be converted to other units of measurement as well. In mathematics, we are often asked to convert a certain value from one unit to another and this can be done easily in the case of meters. For example, one meter is equal to 100 centimeters, 1000 millimeters, and so on.
Also read: How Long is 50 Feet?
Measurement in inches and meters
Meters is an SI unit that is used for expressing the value of length. It is used for expressing the distance of standard value. This unit is accepted worldwide and hence it is useful for values of different kinds.
Inches are another unit of length that helps to express smaller values. They are used for expressing units in the US as well as India and are widely accepted worldwide.
Hence we have learned to express the unit of meters to inches. One meter is expressed as 39.37 inches as the final result.